I don't like to open new accounts online. E-mails, financial institutions, merchandise sites, etc. I'm slightly paranoid about my personal information leaking online, so I'm always very hesitant to set up an account with anything. This is why I stuck with Xanga for the past however many years, though I really dislike their "new layout" that isn't so new anymore. Besides, my use of Xanga after freshman year has deteriorated to an occasional private journal entry for whenever I get tired of handwriting my rants.
I'm not sure exactly where I was going with all this, but I think it was to say that I've been thinking of using a public blog space again to share my post-college adventures with the people that I have gotten to know and love over the past years. And despite my extreme hesitation to share my information with yet another website, I feel like this new chapter in my life deserves a new blog, a fresh start. In addition to sharing my adventures and random thoughts, I hope to share with you over the next 1.5 years the "behind the scenes" of Urbana09, because 1) the behind the scenes stuff (events, films, you name it) has always fascinated me, more so than the featured presentation itself and 2)I'll actually get to see and be part of the planning process of the next Urbana. :)
So to all my loyal readers- Heather and Jihee- enjoy! I promise that this won't take place of my e-mails (however infrequent) and occasional phone calls. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment