One of my favorite literary characters is Anne Shirley of the
Anne of Green Gables series. She so eloquently articulates the kind of world I dreamt about since I was young. I'm convinced that she and I would've been good friends (or "chums") had we met on this side of the world. I'm also convinced that she was/is an NF. I'm not terribly certain about the first and last letters. She's either a very socially adept I or an extremely introspective extrovert. I would lean towards a mild I. I think she is a J...despite her whimsical tendencies, reflected closures seem to be just as important as new beginnings. I know I just broke a cardinal MBTI rule by labeling another person with my own perceptions...but if she read this I think Anne would laugh and joke about whether she is really that easy to figure out.
Humor is the spiciest condiment in the feast of existence.
Laugh at your mistakes but learn from them,
joke over your troubles but gather strength from them,
make a jest of your difficulties but overcome them.
-L.M. Montgomery, Anne of the Island
No comments:
Post a Comment