I just haven't blogged in a while. It's not because I have nothing to blog about. Quite on the contrary, this extended period of unemployment has allowed even more space for my brain to roam about and find stimulation in many different topics. So at any point in time, I have about 3-5 blog entries being written in my head.
Unfortunately, that's where it stops. What sounds so deep, witty, and insightful internally often ends up sounding...not like the above when I sit myself in front of my laptop. There must be something wrong with my laptop.
Writer's vanity aside, I've been struggling with the whole idea of blogging. There just seems to be so much junk in the world of Internet. Everyone wants to be heard, but how much of it all is really worth remembering? What do I bring to my tiny online niche that does more than just add insignificant blip?
I haven't been able to answer the questions above. But you know, exchanging ideas is a beautiful gift of the Internet, and I decided that I should continue sharing mine. If anything, this forces me to articulate my ideas so that my thoughts won't sound so shallow or un-witty or un-insightful when the time comes that I have to share, whether I want to or not.
I'm not sure why I felt obligated to justify my blogging on my blog. But I do want to thank my two faithful readers for reminding me that there are people who read this, not because they want some deep revelation, but because they care about me and what's going on in my life. Thanks, guys. I'll be back soon.
2 comments:
i'll be a new follower of yours. woo! i struggled with some of the same thoughts you mentioned. i wasn't sure why i should blog, but then i thought, it allows me to exercise my mind and writing since i have been out of school for quite some time now. i need my circulation of words and vocabulary to learn even more as this mind of mine is getting older. hope you keep at it!
thanks, elise! i'm excited to follow your blog too :)
Post a Comment