25 September 2008

mirror lake & lemon bars

Last weekend some of the "younger" folks at NSC camped at Mirror Lake
I haven't gone camping in a while, so being in the wilderness was really refreshing. Brian set up a ginormous tent (supposedly for 12 people, but you could probably fit in about 20) for the girls.
We hiked to the lake and saw this huge tree that fell flat on the shores. Dave and Kathy were brave enough to venture out...
This plaque was so beautiful that I almost teared up. Almost.
It was a great time spent with great people. :)

This week we had a potluck at my small group, and I volunteered to bring a dessert. I felt sort of lame baking out of a box, so I asked input from my favorite chef, Chris! She suggested lemon bars, so I followed the directions as posted on allrecipes.com. It was tart-y and pretty delicious, if I do say so myself. I am proud of myself for being able to follow directions so well. Unfortunately my lemon bars did not quite end up looking like ones on the website...so the presentation was mediocre, but that's okay.
Thanks Chris!

3 comments:

Daniel said...

glad you're having fun :).

jenchiu said...

GAH I LOVE LEMON BARS
Especially super cold ones that have been hardening in the refrigerator.

Unknown said...

oy! I'm so jealous of your lemon bar success, my friend (frances) and I attempted to make them before but they turned out reallllyyyyy funky :P but I'm so proud of your success :D yumm!