The crowds and the vendors reminded me of outdoor markets in Korea...minus the yelling and bargaining
FRESH produce! The peppers were so red that they looked plastic
So many kinds of garlic!
There was a vendor that sold ostrich eggs/meat/bones. I think next time I'm going to try some of that ostrich jerky
Flowers!
Honey & beeswax vendor :)
After visiting the market we strolled down State Street in downtown Madison. Even after being here for a couple weeks, I'm still surprised that I'm not in California. It's the small things, like the different scent that greets me when I come to my new home, the constant talks of the coming winter, and the changing colors of the season. The leaves are turning yellower, and I'm so excited to experience a "real" autumn.

28 September 2008
farmers' market
Yesterday Kathy, LeAnn and I went to the farmer's market in downtown Madison. It's held every Saturday around the state capitol square and the vendors sell the freshest produce of the season. I didn't have any cash with me (I found out yesterday that the nearest Bank of America was in Illinois, 56.4 miles away!!!) so I didn't get anything, but I'm planning to come back within the next couple weeks for some gooood food! I was on sensory overload as we were walking around the square...so much to see, so many kinds of cheese to sample! I wish I took more pictures, but I had to soak in the experience and I'm horrible at multi-tasking. Besides, pictures can never take place of the experience...so ya'll should come and visit Madison. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't believe about the BofA thing...O_o but I'm jealous about your farmers' market experience! I love farmers' markets and I'm sure Madison's are pretty great...mmmm...cheese, I wonder if you're going to become some sort of cheddar connoisseur :D
Post a Comment