09 September 2008

albuquerque, new mexico

Today Chris and I left Phoenix for Albuquerque, NM.
After checking in, we went to check out the New Mexico State Fair. Chris and I joked how we were probably the only Asians at the fair. Well, we were wrong. We counted 14.5 Asians this evening, 6 of whom were exhibitioners. Even though I knew that the rest of the US wasn't quite like California, I guess I didn't realize how different it could be. Just visiting the fair made us see how different some people live from the way we do. Anyhow, here are some pictures from the fair:
McDonald's Farm
Baby cows!
Baby pigs and their (HUGE) Mama pig
Nigerian Dwarf Goats. The baby goats were adorable!
My favorite part of the trip- visiting the Dairy Barn!
Chris and me
We took a ton of pictures of this particular guy because we wanted to catch him while he stuck his tongue out. No luck on my part. But he was still adorable :)
Chris and a really soft-looking cow
Families set up camp next to the rows and rows of stalls to take care of and show off their beloved cows
They vacuum the cows!!
Finally, an indispensable part of all fairs and carnivals: FOOD.
They make reeeally good pulled pork burgers
Frozen banana covered with chocolate. mmm
Funnel cake!!!
The view from the Ferris Wheel

All in all, it was a great evening. Visiting the fair gave me the opportunity to appreciate the kind of lifestyle and culture that I wouldn't have been able to really see anywhere else. :)

Up Next: Day 2 in Denver, Colorado!

2 comments:

jenchiu said...

Jealous and excited =)

JI said...

bah!!! you guys suck! :'( i wish i was there. I shouldn't have called you guys today! i was depressed for rest of the day!
I even left my work early :P

TRY TO GO TO THEEEE GAAAAYYY BARRRRR!
you guys will be safe! ;)