Today Chris and I left Denver for Omaha.

It was the longest leg of the journey (520+ miles), and it definitely felt the longest. The view on our way was, again, beautiful. It's amazing to see how clouds can be shaped in so many shapes and textures. Much of today was gloomy; it felt like we were covered by a thick blanket.

Besides blankets of clouds and hills of wildflowers, we saw lots of corn while driving through Nebraska. Stalks and stalks of corn.

We got to Old Market Omaha past 8pm, so we couldn't do too much exploring (it was also drizzling), but the small district was really lovely. :)

Chris and I had dinner at Blue Sushi Sake Grill. The rolls were surprisingly good. Besides us two, the only other Asian we saw was the sushi chef (please see the LAC in the postcript below). I am fairly certain that he was Korean.
Inside Blue.

Chris liked this teapot, minus the plastic handle of the cover.

One thing that really stuck out at this restaurant was the restroom. The walls were covered in Japanese newspapers, and the lighting was all red! Blue Sushi, Red Restroom.

We did a bit of exploring after dinner. Most of the stores were already closed, so the district wasn't as exciting as I hoped to be. However, we got to meet and hang out a little with a musician, which leads me to...
our best friend in Omaha, Nebraska!

Jordan was singing at the corner of the main street at Old Market. We hung out with him for a bit, and he even sang a song that he wrote for us ("Life is a Train")! He was pretty good. I'll try to upload a clip of his performance soon. He seems like a great person, and I hope that he'll get to perform on a bigger stage soon. :)
Next (and Final) Stop: Madison, Wisconsin!!!
p.s. LAC (Local Asian Count) in Omaha = 2. That's counting the sushi chef and a picture of an Asian boy on a billboard on our way to downtown, which brings our total LAC so far to 23.
2 comments:
o wow- making friends everywhere you go.
PS- i told jamie about the turtle maybe getting run over and she almost cried...
Ooooo! Jordan is cyute! ;)
Post a Comment